Monday, 5 October 2009

What on earth is this AfriCarib page about?

This page is about the promotion of African and Caribbean life, history and culture through my journeys to countries such as: Ghana, Sierra Leone, Namibia, Antuiga, St Lucia, Barbados, Dominican Republic, Grenada and more. Through my travels to all these African and Caribbean countries I shall share experiences, recommend and comment on historical literature, share videos and photos, in order to contribute to increased knowledge of Black history.

Who on earth are you mate?

Well, what I am not is an expert on African or Caribbean affairs. However, I am a young man who is ever learning about my ancestral history and culture. I have just completed a masters degree in Anthropology, where I focused my dissertation on the West African country of Sierra Leone. This year I will also do extensive travel of the Caribbean after I spend some time working in Namibia. During this time I plan to learn from local people and historians. I plan to visit African and Caribbean museums in order to build up a wealth of information, that I would not want to keep all to myself, but rather share. Through this page I invite you to journey with me, in an adventure of learning and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment